Comedy Hour Begins!
With over 100 store locations, E.C. Barton & Company’s recruiting department receives a wide variety of resumes. As discussed above, some mistakes are innocent, but often keep the applicant from receiving a job they are qualified for. Then, there are the downright funny and cr4azy. Here are some funny tips from the E.C. Barton & Company recruiting team.
- Don’t use an email address that your ex has access to. While entertaining for the recruitment department, it never ends well for the applicant.
- A paragraph detailing how a dog changed your life. Who doesn’t love dogs? But, this is not the time or place to share this story. Leave the puppy love at home unless you are applying for a Vet Clinic.
- Questionable Employment: If you don’t wish for your Grandma or the Police to know about your previous employment and job experience, it is also best to leave that bit of information off your resume.
- Illicit Language: Please leave the foul language out of your resume if you’d like to be considered.
- Web Template Resumes: These can be helpful, but sending in a resume from John Smith at 123 Doe Street with your job experience will likely get John a call back for an interview, not you.
These are lighthearted suggestions and true experiences of how not to land the position you desire. Be sure to review your resume for accuracy and any missing information before submitting.